pspp-dev

testers needed

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: testers needed
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 17:11:18 +0200

Hi community

I just placed a test build of PSSPP for MSWindows on sourceforge. There are lots of changes in the used software compared to previous version. However PSPP should in general be the same.
The bug difference for users is that this version is compiled with postgresql support, but I didn't test it as I have no test postgresql database available nor ever worked with it.

The GUI needs to be tested a bit more. Also the connection to a postgresql server has to be tested.

The binaries can be found at:
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2016-08-21-TestBuild/

It is necessary to completely remove older PSPP version from your MSWindows computer before installing this version.

I would love to see your reports.

Ps: If anybody can test it with a postgresql server, I would love to hear what happens when
  libecpg.dll
  libecpg_compat.dll
  libpgtypes.dll
is removed from \Program Files\PSPP\bin  Is the postgresql support still working?

Have fun