pspp-dev

Re: Refcount struct dictionary ?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Refcount struct dictionary ?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 10:37:50 +0200

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:00:17PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     It seems like refcounting the dictionary will require a lot of care to
     find all the places where a dictionary gets modified to un-share.  I
     seem to recall that the variables in a dictionary have a reference
     upward to the dictionary, too.

     I'm not saying that refcounting the dictionary is the wrong choice but
     it needs to be done carefully.

This version seems to fix all the memory error problems, and so far as
I'm aware doesn't introduce any new issues.

J'