pspp-dev

Re: test version for MSWindows available

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: test version for MSWindows available
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:01:20 +0200

Hi

Thanks for the reports.

I did some testing on MSWindows 7 and can reproduce GDI32.dll issue. Strange enough if the 32 bit build works on the same MSWindows 64  environment. The same problem exists at least from the start of this year. As Michel already pointed out there are reports of the same issue with other software from years ago.
It looks as a Microsoft bug.

>Is there something new to the Adwaita icons? The install slows down 99% and crawls when it gets to that.

I can't reproduce this. Basically it is an unzip of the files, so I don't see a reason to slow down.

>Also, I don;t know anything about the mechanics of Windows 7 software, but newly installed software usually is highlighted in the start menu, but PSPP was not. I verified that the executables were all modified today, so I think they are the correct ones (I'm not reporting on an earlier/flawed versio

The menu is just a list of links. I will investigate, but it is not high on my priority list.

Stay save