[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Give a 1.4.1-rc1 prelease to and wait?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Give a 1.4.1-rc1 prelease to and wait?
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 09:42:08 -0700

I know two ways to deal with translations and releases:
1. Put out a prerelease for translators to work with, give them a few weeks, and then do the release with the updated translations included.
2. Put out a release and give it to the translators at the same time, then do a second minor release a little later with the updated translations.
We used to do #1, but I favor #2 these days, because it likely gives users an earlier opportunity to use the new release, even if some of the translations aren't ready yet. Also, there will always be some translations that have not caught up, even if we give a few weeks in case #1.

So, I am inclined to release 1.4.1 and make it available to the translation project, and then after translations get updated we can release 1.4.2.

What do you think?

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 9:09 AM Friedrich Beckmann <> wrote:
I think we can still fix some stuff for the 1.4.1 release but my concern is that
the translations are missing. Listening to Harry:

> Yes the release version is always a bit more work.  And actually nobody  whats them because they need the translations too which is included in later test versions.  I usually take a version af a few weeks later as teh released version.

Therefore the translators need a pre release but that should not trigger all integrators to make a new release for the distributions. Of course this only makes sense when we think that the changes will not affect the translation strings.


> Am 04.09.2020 um 17:10 schrieb John Darrington <>:
> Something wierd is going on with how the pspp.pot file is generated.   I will
> investigate this tomorrow.  This will surely have an effect on whatever we
> release next.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]