pspp-dev

Re: automake warnings

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: automake warnings
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 07:34:36 +0200

41;344;0cOn Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 01:45:58PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     There are some new warnings from Automake in the latest master branch:

     checking whether the C compiler works... Windows/automake.mk:26:
     warning: shell echo $(LDFLAGS) | sed -e 's/^-L//' -e 's|/lib$$||':
     non-POSIX variable name
     Windows/automake.mk:26: (probably a GNU make extension)
     Makefile.am:91:   'Windows/automake.mk' included from here
     Windows/automake.mk:27: warning: dir ${shell $(CC)
     -print-libgcc-file-name: non-POSIX variable name
     Windows/automake.mk:27: (probably a GNU make extension)
     Makefile.am:91:   'Windows/automake.mk' included from here

Yes.  These are a result of my most recent commits which provides targets
to create windows installers similar to those which Harry had been publishing.
These targets are not built by default.

Like the warning implies, anyone trying to build these targets will need to be
using GNU Make.  Other Makes will probably not work.

     Maybe some other method should be used to collect this information.

I can think of a few other ways, but none of them are particularly elegent.