pspp-dev

macros status report

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: macros status report
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 11:08:59 -0700

I'm writing this up in case anyone is interested.

A while ago, I planned to start work on CTABLES. I asked for example uses
and only got back a few of them, from just one person I think. All of those
examples also used the SPSS macro facility (the DEFINE command), so I
decided to implement that first.

I've spent considerable effort on that now. Basic macros  now work in my
development branch at
https://pintos-os.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pspp;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dev6
I spent most of yesterday writing documentation for it. This involved a lot
of careful reading and research, because there is a terrible amount of
vagueness and ambiguity in the SPSS documentation in this area. I still
have a lot of documentation and code to write, but there's progress.

Ben