pspp-users

Re: reports of pspp-0.6.0-pre3

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: reports of pspp-0.6.0-pre3
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 23:03:41 -0700

> It looks as if libtool isn't clever enough to build dynamic
> libraries for Cygwin.  I tried to build this manually using
> dlltool, but gave up.  It seems that a Cygwin or libtool expert
> is required.

I wonder whether this is dependent on the libtool version?
Libtool 2.2 was released in the last few months as a major
upgrade from the 1.5.x series.  It is not yet widely deployed;
for example, it is not yet in Debian unstable.  But it is
possible that it has improved Windows support.  Its NEWS file
contains, for example:

* Extracting symbols from an import library on cygwin and win32 now works.

I have no idea what that means, so I can't say if it's an
indication that success is now more likely.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org