pspp-users

Re: 0.6.0-10 PSPP windows - Queries (WinXP)

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: 0.6.0-10 PSPP windows - Queries (WinXP)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:37:46 +0200

Hmmm

2008/8/3 David Purdy
OK:

1) psppire.txt - editpadlite won't open it: "Access is denied" (and ditto with the same message using Windows Notepad)

Strange. As you should have all rights on your own files, the only reason I can imagine is that an other proces is locking your file. (You didn't switch from account I assume.) A wild guess, try to create the psppire.txt before you start psppire itself. Maybe you get some information from that!

Is it possible that you have some size limitation on your disk which revoke's your access when you are over the limit?

2) Quicker 'Save' - I've had some mixed results, maybe influenced by working with a large file (>500,000 records).   After trying something similar to the very slow save reported earlier (after deleting all but about 7 fields), I got the impression that the file was being created much more quickly.

Nice that is what I expected from using the temp variable/directory.

However, with other tests, I've also encountered PSPP Windows being closed almost immediately after the Save instruction, and having also created this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temp\psppire.exe.stackdump

This means psppire is aborted. No idea why. You are sure your disk is large enough?

For me it looks as if there is some, not PSPP related, problem on your PC. I can't reproduce these results. Is it possible for you to try it on another PC/installation?

Maybe someone else reading this list has an idea or can report if somebody has the same problems?

Have fun.