pspp-users

Re: Virus in download

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Virus in download
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:54:38 +0200

Hi Miika

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess  you downloaded it with the link from pspp.awardspace.com.

In that case, the file shouldn't be changed te last 6 weeks. The file was uploaded by me. There was no virus detected  during the generation of the files and I have still no virus on my computers yet. Besides the the file is downloaded at least a 1000 times by other users and there are no other reports of a virus found. This leads me to the conclusion that this is a false positive. For your own comfort, my advise is to try an online scanner which gives the possibility to scan just this file. Or wait a few days till AVG updates there scanner.

Have fun

Hi,

I downloaded the Windows version from the FreeFile mirror on 8/12/08. AVG found a virus from it when I was installing it. FYI.

Miika Heino