pspp-users

Re: Difficulty directing output to a file instead of just the screen

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Difficulty directing output to a file instead of just the screen
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:22:08 -0500

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 10:43:57AM -0000, Scott Bryan wrote:
> The main problem that I am having at the moment is that the output from
>
> analysis seems only to reside in a window on the screen.
>

> Is there anyway to direct the output to a file or to copy the contents
>
> of the output window to another file? Neither seems to be possible. It
> frustratingly
>
> seems that the copy function from the output window is disabled too.

This is a known bug. See http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?23568. You may be
able to copy and paste using the MinGW binary instead of the Cygwin binary:
http://www.cecaps.ufmg.br/pspp/

If you have Cygwin installed, you can open a cygwin command prompt and type

   pspp <filename>

where <filename> is the name of a file containing your syntax.
PSPP will dump your output into a file called 'pspp.list'.

-Jason