pspp-users

Re: Seeking advice on relevant selecting document

From: Stephen Liu
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on relevant selecting document
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:56:00 +0800 (CST)

--- Jason Stover <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:00:54AM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> > To satisfy my curiosity I started googling around documents on ;
> >
> > statistical computing
> > statistics
> > t-test/anova/linear/regression/non parametric tests/etc.
> > etc.
> >
> > in order to learn and found tons of documents.  I don't know where
> > start.
>
> There is a huge amount of literature in the field of Statistics,
> and there are plenty of good sources to learn from. To know where
> to start, it's best to know what you need from the field. So what are
> you interested in? Do you have a specific problem, or do you just
> want
> to learn about the subject in general?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your advice.

I came across PSPP, R, Octave, etc. several years ago.  But I didn't
have time trying them.  Just installed PSPP on a Virtual machine.  It
is now working.  The tests on it attract my interest.  I'm now prepared
learning some basic Statistics which allow me using them on Statistical
Computing.  If finding them NOT too difficult to learn I'll continue
further on more advanced level.  I'm NOT prepared finding a collection
of data running tests on PSPP.

The googling result shocked me.  There are tons of documents on
statistics.  I hesitate to know where shall I start?  Can you help?
TIA

B.R.
Stephen L