pspp-users

Re: trouble to get started

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: trouble to get started
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:36:17 +0200

Hi

There are 2 different MSwindows PSPP pacakges. I guess you downloaded
the Cygwin based version from pspp.awardspace.com. Right?

An installer menu should start. My first guess is the package is not
downloaded compleet. But the update should also start an installer.
(It makes only sense starting the update after the package is
intstalled.)  So 2 packages downloaded incomplete is not normal. Is it
possible you have some program running which avoids a download? Or you
are not allowed to start an unknown executable?  It looks to me some
program on your computer blocks the setup. Hard to say what.

If you can't find the blocking program, you can also try the Mingw
based installation from http://www.cecaps.ufmg.br/pspp/?page_id=67

Have fun