pspp-users

Re: Consortium to update PSPP?

From: Patrick Welch
Subject: Re: Consortium to update PSPP?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:54:15 -0600

So long as the developers agree with such an effort I would gladly donate to such an effort.

Pat

On 09-12-11 12:46 PM, Galderisi, Peter wrote:
  Greetings,

  I have been using PSPP from Ben Plaff and others this quarter in my class as a
successful substitute for SPSS (or, I guess now, PASW).  Ben, Jim
and the gang are busy trying to update the software.  I am
suggested setting up a consortium to accept donations to hire
someone to help with the updates (graphics, output, extra statistics, etc.)
etc. We can set up a priority list based
on donors given first request.
  The donations will be set up through the Software Freedom Conservancy, not
me.  I will pledge to match the first $300 that will be obligated.
  Let me know if there are enough non free-riders out there.
  I think that, with a few thousand dollars, a graduate student could be hired
to make several of the updates.

  Thanks so much.

Peter