pspp-users

Re: Hi, ?i'm still working!

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Hi, ?i'm still working!
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:34:03 +0000

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 07:31:28PM -0700, Carlos Rivera wrote:
     Hi, i've been very busy because of my projects at the university, but i'm
     still working on this.Please watch the image (png) that i'm sending to you,
     cause if i want to make a bunch of icons to the application, i need to know
     if i'm going on the right way, but the most important thing to me, i need
     know if guys like what i'm designing.

This image has the advantage of simplicity.

In what role do you envisage using this image? It might be suitable for a
splash screen.
But do people prefer it to the existing splash screen? On the other hand, in
its existing
form, it probably wouldn't work as a desktop icon.  When scaled to 16x16 pixels
it would be
a blue square with a spec of  white in the middle.

I'm not a graphic designer, but I think most desktop icons need a transparent
background, so that
they blend well with the user's desktop.

This is purely my opinion, but I think it would destroy the mystique if we
endorse an
official explanation for the PSPP acronym :/

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3