pspp-users

Re: PSPP vs SPSS

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: PSPP vs SPSS
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:25:37 -0400

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:53:34PM +0530, Thambu David wrote:
> Dear John/ Any PSS user
> Can we use PSPP (0.75) as an alternative to SPSS in a teaching
> university-ie-is it acceptable in journal publications as a recognized
> software?

That is partly a question for the journal's editor, but I believe an
editor would accept output from PSPP if it shown to be "correct". Some
software is reviewed in other publications, like the American
Statistician, and I suppose an editor would be more likely to to
accept research that used reviewed software. I know of no reviews of
PSPP in the statistical literature.

> Are there any teaching materials available that i can use to teach students
> PSPP?

I know of none specifically for PSPP. We would welcome any that
someone writes.

-Jason