pspp-users

Changing the font size [was: Re: oneway - error message]

From: John Darrington
Subject: Changing the font size [was: Re: oneway - error message]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:59:48 +0000

I did some experimentation of my own.  It seems that it is possible,
although psppire is not working exactly as it should.  For me, the following
works (using pspp 0.7.6 and gnome 2.22.3)

1. From the desktop choose System->Preferences->Appearance.
2. Choose the Fonts tab.
3. Change the Application font to something nice and big.
4. Restart Psppire

The output window should now use the font you chose.

However, I think that psppire is not working properly in two respects:
1. It shouldn't be necessary to restart in order for the new font sizes
  to take effect.

2. It would make sense for the text in the output window to use the
"Document Font" setting instead of the "Application Font" setting that
it currently follows.

J'

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:46:56PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     wei hou <address@hidden> writes:

     > Can I ask you another question? How to adjust the font size of the output
     > window? need demonstration for students. google the question but failed
     > find answers.

     The output window tries to use the system default font and size.
     I'm not sure how to set that on any particular system--my first
     guess was that on GNOME one could set it from the Fonts tab of
     the dialog box that appears by selecting Appearance from the
     System Preferences menu, but when I tried that it had no effect.

     Perhaps someone on pspp-users knows, so I'm CCIng that list.
     --
     Ben Pfaff
     http://benpfaff.org