pspp-users

and Mantel z -- Bribes == was Re: Need non-metric multidimensional scali

From: Dwight Hines
Subject: and Mantel z -- Bribes == was Re: Need non-metric multidimensional scaling programs & metric too
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:07:15 -0400

Ok, I get it.  Someone told you how poorly I programmed in "S".  Or how I burned my computer manuals after writing hilarious one liners in APL.   No, I'll not underwrite the ree-creation of NMDS or MDS, but with some gentle guidance from the list will attemtp to make an existing routine or two work as part of the PSPP system.

Remember when SPSS only had a paperback thin book to tell you what it could do?

Dwight Hines, in Maine, after a long struggle remembering APL's name.

P.S.  z, the Mantel open source test for two matrices, might be good to add to PSPP, but it does not give much in the way of intermediate steps so the results are not as conforting as I'd like.

Message: 5