pspp-users

select cases based on multiple attributes

From: Jonathan Lowrey
Subject: select cases based on multiple attributes
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 00:27:48 -0400

I am running psppire.exe 0.7.8-gb2274e.

I have just started using pspp and I love it.  I have experience with spss and am wondering if there is a way to emulate the select by case option in spss.

I see that there is no Boolean command line box or dialog box.  Is there any way to do the type this type of selecting?

Basically, I need to select cases based on this line of logic…

  IF: “area”=”A” and “species”=”goat” or “area” = “A” and “species”= “sheep”