pspp-users

Progress Indicator

From: Rob Malpass
Subject: Progress Indicator
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:53:58 +0100

Hi all

Further to recent emails, this is a request for a simple progress indicator during PSPP "operations" e.g. COMPUTE or Crosstabs.

I'm still playing around with this 200+k row dataset now in 0.6.2 on an Ubuntu64 box with 4Gb RAM.   It has _apparently_ crashed doing a simple crosstab but I suspect it's just taking a while given the size of the file.   Would it be possible to include a progress indicator in the status bar at the bottom?   I've not used SPSS for a few years but it certainly used to have this as a "Cases: x" indicator.

I'm assuming, and if this is a debate for another forum then fine, that we still want PSPP to be a clone of SPSS so it should be able to handle files as big as the ones I'm playing with.

Cheers

Rob