pspp-users

Re: PSPP and excel

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP and excel
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:28:28 +0000

Here is the way I import a spreadsheet file into pspp:

1. Using Gnumeric, I save it as a native gnumeric file.  Let us
   assume it has the name "Book1.gnumeric".

2. From PSPP, I can then import it with the command:
   GET DATA /TYPE=GNM /FILE='Book1.gnumeric'.

For simple cases it's as easy as that.  If your spreadsheet is more
complicated, you may have to give it a /SHEET and /CELLRANGE subcommand.
See the section in the user manual entitled "Spreadsheet Files".

J'