pspp-users

Re: FW: PSPP output

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: FW: PSPP output
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 08:46:36 +0200

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 03:16:23AM +0000, Crichton, Ronald wrote:
     Thank you for your advice.  I found the HTML to have the most pleasing
output, and it copies reasonably into email.  However, I would have expected a
text file to be the easiest to use, but this was not the case.  In the PSPP
Viewer the result of a LIST command presents data neatly in columns.  However,
when Export is used to send the View output to a text file, the result is that
the list headings are repeated following (almost) every data line.  Which is
not a desired format.

     What you have said is a nice workable solution, but it would be good if
output to text could work as well.

I did some experiments myself.  I could not reproduce the problem you described.
I tried copy-paste to various text editors: including emacs, gedit and
libreoffice.  I noticed one small problem, and I have raised a bug report for it
( https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?38647 ) but otherwise everything
pastes
as one would expect.

I also tried File|Export in the output viewer and that seemed to be perfect.

If you can post your syntax file I can see if I can provoke the same problem
that
you are seeing, and maybe suggest a fix.

You mentioned that you were working under Windows.  Perhaps that is the problem.
Interaction with windows programs is often troublesome, because their interfaces
are generally secret.  Take note of the faq
item at https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/faq.html#NonFreeOS

J'

(I would strongly advise you NOT to send anyone an email in HTML format.  Such
emails are extremely annoying.  Any I receive I usually delete unread.  However
that is just my personal opinion.)
~

~

~