pspp-users

UPDATE code

From: Crichton, Ronald
Subject: UPDATE code
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 02:35:31 +0000

I’m trying to get UPDATE to work but I’m not getting it.  Can you please tell me where I’m going wrong.

I created two test files.  The master I called NAT99.sav and here is the data:

1JOE M91

2MARYF86

3JACKM98

4JILLF85

5BOB M87

6SUE F92

And the transaction file I called NAT99_updates.txt, and here is the data:

1JOE M19

2MARYF86

3JACKM98

4JILLF85

5XXX M87

6SUE F29

I then read each file creating a system file for each one.  Here is the code I used, hoping to see the master file updated with changes listed in the transaction file.  But the master file isn’t updated.  Where am I going wrong?

get file ='C:\PSPP_update\NAT99.sav'.

update

                /file = *

                /file = 'C:\PSPP_update\NAT99NAT99_updates.txt.sav'

                /in=infred

                /by ClientID.

execute.

list.

Thank you,  Ron

CIT is the ACT Large Training Provider of the Year.
Subscribe to CIT Industry Connection - CIT's free, bi monthly publication:
http://cit.edu.au/industry_business/industry_connection/