pspp-users

Re: ZSAV format support [ZCOMPRESSED subcommand]

From: Hugo Alejandro
Subject: Re: ZSAV format support [ZCOMPRESSED subcommand]
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:16:49 -0400

Attached larger files.

*.sav file   = 4.6 MB in disk
*.zsav file = 234.6 kb in disk

The compression ratio is not always proportional, but here a sample that can do a lot (I'm very surprised).

I have not been able to make objective evidence, however, I have been working with files up to 1 GB of disk size (zsav), and really not noticeable performance down to use the same file (sav format almost 2 GB).

Thank you for your attention.