pspp-users

Re: problems with mac

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: problems with mac
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:01:35 +0200

Hi Julia,

to start the install from scratch you could run

sudo port uninstall installed

maybe several times. Then

sudo port install pspp

to recover from any misconfigured or incomplete packages. Then test

pspp --version

This should look like this

pool8021x172-7:~ fritz$ pspp --version
pspp (GNU PSPP) 0.10.1-geba86b
Packaged by snc (0.10.1-20160328030502)
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by Ben Pfaff, John Darrington, and Jason Stover.
pool8021x172-7:~ fritz$

You should be able to start pspp with gui from the terminal with

psppire

To see if you have any previous version installed somewhere, you could try

which pspp

pool8021x172-7:~ fritz$ which pspp
/opt/local/bin/pspp
pool8021x172-7:~ fritz$

This shows you that pspp is installed in /opt/local/bin where it is supposed to be. pspp will not be visible in the
„Program“ folder where programs are usually installed. So you have to start pspp from the terminal.

Friedrich