pspp-users

Re: Trying to upload an excel file to PSPP

From: news
Subject: Re: Trying to upload an excel file to PSPP
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 12:15:41 +0200

Shelley,

You should ask your instructor how to use the stats program he or she proposes. Usually, teaching stats means also teaching stats programs =-O

To input your raw data from Excel into PSPP:
First, you have to put your annexed file, i.e. the raw data, into a PSPP-readable form. Just getting the input of an internet questionnaire and dropping it into PSPP will not work.
The format is one row per case, variables in the columns. If you want to have variable names, put them in the first row. You should read the online manual for how to name variables.
Putting the question text of the input form in its current form as variable name will not work.
The second line shows interrogation marks and some answer items. This is junk, to be dropped.
I don't know how to treat IP addresses. Will you analyse them ?
There is no use in importing empty columns . Drop them.

Second, once cleaned you export the data as a csv file from Excel via Save As and import it into PSPP.

HTH

ftr