pspp-users

Re: About application distribution in GNU/Linux

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: About application distribution in GNU/Linux
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 18:07:30 -0500

Charles,

The place to discuss this with developers is pspp-dev.

The PSPP devs can speak for themselves, but I think that they would/will say that packaging PSPP is now what they do.  So, if you or someone else wanted to package PSPP using flagpak, I think they would welcome that and support it by answering questions.  But the only official release PSPP makes is to drop a source tarball onto the GNU FTP server.

Regarding flatpak, I'm not familiar with it, but it looks like a container system. Is that right?  What specific problem would flatpak solve that is plaguing PSPP?

-Alan