pspp-users

Re: Error in computation of Mann-Whitney-U Test

From: Dr. Oliver Walter
Subject: Re: Error in computation of Mann-Whitney-U Test
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 09:46:04 +0100

Yes, this would be helpful.

By the way: Walter is my family name.

Oliver Walter

Am 05.03.2017 um 07:34 schrieb John Darrington:
On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 11:14:33PM +0100, Dr. Walter Statistics wrote:
     I cannot confirm your objection, John. I checked it again, now with a
     published data set of 3 - three - different groups. I ran three Mann
     Whitney U tests (group 1 vs 2 excluding the cases of group 3, group 1 vs
     3 excluding the cases of group 2, group 2 vs 3 excluding the cases of
     group 1). There were no differences. PSPP seems to be working properly. I
     did not find anything of importance. There seems to be no problem at all.

Thanks Walter.  In that case perhaps it is indeed a different problem.

     Prof Nuszbaum has to be more specific in describing her problem.

Yes.  Perhaps she could give us an example including:

1. The dataset used.
2. The syntax which provokes the problem.
3. The exact version number of PSPP which is problematic.
4. The output produced - and any contradictory results from elsewhere.

J'