pspp-users

Re: PSPP Regression with /noorigin

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP Regression with /noorigin
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 18:34:19 +0200

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 03:14:38PM +0200, ftr public wrote:
     I guess this runs under Linux only ? I work with Windows.

PSPP is part of the GNU project [1].  As such, it runs best on GNU.  It also
runs on GNU/Linux [2].     We also try to make sure it runs as well as possible
on other free operating systems, such as FreeBSD.   In addition, we have
had reports that it runs OK on Windows, Mac, and other proprietary systems.
However GNU and GNU/Linux always were, and will remain the priority.  If there
ever was (for some strange reason) a situation where PSPP could be made to run
on GNU OR Windows, but not both - then GNU would be the one we would choose.
However that situation hasn't come about.

We do have an (incomplete) list of systems for which we are aware PSPP works [3]
We don't distribute precompiled  binaries of PSPP - to do so for all the
hundreds
of variants of the dozens of operating systems in the world would not be
feasible.
So the short answer to your question is - it runs on whatever system you compile
it to run on.

J'

[1] : http://www.gnu.org
[2] : https://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
[3] : https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3