pspp-users

Re: reference

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: reference
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 23:37:48 -0500

According to this blog posting: http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2015/01/how-to-cite-software-in-apa-style.html

The reference would be something like:

GNU PSPP version 0.10.2-g654fff [Computer Software.] (2017). Retrieved from http://pspp.awardspace.com.

Assuming you were using version 0.10.2-g654fff (which you can check in Help > About) and that you retrieved the software from awardspace.com this year.  In the text you would cite this like "... used GNU PSPP (2017)..." or "All analyses were conducted using PSPP (GNU PSPP, 2017)."

It's not perfectly clear to me whether you should call the software "GNU PSPP" or just "PSPP". The manual is titled "PSPP" but at the bottom of the first node (after the TOC), it says "This manual is for GNU PSPP..."  I think the developers would prefer that "GNU" be included.

-Alan