pspp-users

Re: Windows: Help system testing needed.

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Windows: Help system testing needed.
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 10:40:02 -0500

This change solves the problem for my Windows 7 installation of PSPP.

-Alan

On 9/8/2017 10:29 AM, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
> Dear Oliver,
>
> thanks for checking this. Could you rename the file
>
> gspawn-win32-helper-console.exe

> gspawn-win32-helper.exe ?
>
> This file is in the installation directory of pspp. For me this is:
>
> C:\Programme\PSPP\bin\gspawn-win32-helper.exe
>
> Does the online help then work for you?
>
> Regards
>
> Friedrich
>
>> Am 08.09.2017 um 13:30 schrieb Dr. Oliver Walter <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Dear Friedrich Beckmann,
>>
>> no, it doesn't work (see the screenshot attached). I use version GNU pspp
>> 1.0.1-gecad37 on a Windows 10 computer.  This feature didn't work in former
>> versions of pspp, either.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Oliver Walter
>>

>> Am 08.09.2017 um 12:31 schrieb Friedrich Beckmann:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> there was some report that the help system on Windows (10?) does
>>> not work. I do not have a Windows system here. Could anybody with
>>> pspp on Windows 10 test if „Help -> Handbook“ does work?
>>>
>>> The original posting with more detailed questions is here:
>>>
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-users/2017-08/msg00024.html
>>>
>>> Friedrich

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time for Pi.

          --"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
            "Blade Runner" speech to software development