pspp-users

Excessive file system usage

From: Dave Trollope
Subject: Excessive file system usage
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 06:40:04 -0600

We just moved Pspp to Kubernetes containers where we use it to extract csvs
from sav files. The sav files are about 1gb and each csv is about 150mb.

We’ve watched the file system as it does it and over 7gb of the file system is
used while writing 150mb. I assume the SAVE command is doing lots of seeks and
insertions in the file magnifying the file system usage. Any options to limit
this behavior?

Here is the script we are using
GET FILE = "{}"

SAVE TRANSLATE