pspp-users

Re: Where does PSPP keep histogram files (working with syntax files from

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Where does PSPP keep histogram files (working with syntax files from terminal)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:21:50 +0200

I was thinking of something along the same lines.  However it should
be thought about carefully.

It is not at all difficult to enter a command which might cause 20
windows to pop-up.  This would be exceedingly annoyinging.   Instead,
one could have all 20 graphics display in a single scrollable window.
But then would it be obvious which commands related to which graphics?
The corresponding commands could be written to the window as well, but
then before we know it, we've ended up writing a graphical user
interface!

Also, one can only show something in a window, if there is a
windowing system available.   What should happen if pspp is invoked in a
dumb terminal with no windowing system?  Ascii art graphics like with
Minitab in the 1980s?

J'