pspp-users

Re: PROBLEM CREATING A DATE VARIABLE

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: PROBLEM CREATING A DATE VARIABLE
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 09:37:04 -0600

Something is screwed up.

I cannot replicate your exact bug on Windows 7 using 1.4.0-gc3c044. I could try installing the version you have, but it is misbehaving and crashing for me.

I am attaching test2.sav, which is a tiny dataset where I added the two variables you have and added some junk data. I ran your code without a crash by opening that file as syntax and run > all.

No crash at that point, but when I looked at the data, it was (badly) corrupted. And when I tried to save the corrupted data, psppire crashed.

Data window before executing the script:

Data window after executing script:

Output:

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.