pspp-users

Not Enough Digits Beyond Decimal Point for Regression Coefficients

From: Ricardo Mejias
Subject: Not Enough Digits Beyond Decimal Point for Regression Coefficients
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 23:15:30 +0000

I have started running regression equations and found that their coefficient and other outputs only have two digits beyond the decimal point.  This is a serious problem since often regression coefficients are zeroes for the first two digits beyond the decimal point, so none of their other numbers show up.  This happens when independent variables are on a much bigger scale than the dependent variable, particularly with logistic regression (since the dependent variable is 1 or 0).

I could not find anywhere on PSP User Guide how to control the format of numbers on the regression outputs.  I tried formatting the numbers in the data that goes into the regression programs with more digits to the right of the decimal point, but that did not change anything.

Is there a way to increase the number of digits to the right of the decimal point on the regression outputs?