pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module

From: NICOLOVICI Xavier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:13:55 +0200

Julien,

I do not have idea of how the time and date schedule widget should be
organized. I'm used to work with Webmin to manage my Crontab (until PyAtCron is
ready of course ;-) and I've found their interface quite easy to use.

Now, one word about the [X] recurrence checkbox. In my mind, I think that
depending on this checkbox, the widgets presented to the user should change.
Think about a panel with the recurrence checkbox on the top, and below, widgets
for non-recurrent Task or recurrent one.

For non-recurrent one, I see simple drop-down single value select box (one for
each schedule values), and for recurrent one, multi-select list of values for
each field.

About the "run every Wednesday" approach, I let you work on it, because it's a
GUI problem and for sure it is not an easy task ;-) Anyway, this might be
released in a future version. I think it would be good to release an 0.1 the
soonest as possible, in order to announce it to the Fedora community.

One word on the RC files, they are usually located in the home directory of the
user (~/.pyatcronrc), but we could also think of having a file structure in a
subfolder of the home dir (~/.pyatcron/inactive_task/*). I have no particular
preference for the moment, instead that an .pyatcronrc file might not be a good
choice to store data as it is usually used as config file.

Bye, and thanks for the corrected patch, I will apply it in the following hours.

Xavier