qemacs-devel

qemacs font rendering

From: Ted X
Subject: qemacs font rendering
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 11:37:44 +1100

Hi all,

My qemacs (xqe in a separate xterm window) can't handle font sizes over 14. It would just show a blank screen and only see a big cursor block if I set the fixed font to anything above 14.
ex:
set-style -> default -> font-size -> 16.

Can someone point out any direction on how qemacs font rendering works? Does it use the fbf files under fonts directory, or does it use X11 system fonts? I feel like normal text mode does use those fbf files.

Thank you,
Ted