qemu-arm

Questions on setting guest CPU models with ARM kvm enabled

From: Jingyi Wang
Subject: Questions on setting guest CPU models with ARM kvm enabled
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:40:30 +0800

Hi all,
    On ARM hardware, as qemu docs describes, "Named CPU models generally
do not work with KVM." May I ask what is the main obstacle to setting a
guest CPU model on later host hardware?

    For example, if I want to start Cortex-A57 guest on Cortex-A72 host,
I noticed that there is not much big difference between these two CPU
models(Please correct me if I'm wrong), what work should I do?

Thanks,
Jingyi