qemu-arm

Re: Failed to execute "SMC" call on Guest OS.

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Failed to execute "SMC" call on Guest OS.
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 12:21:37 +0100

On Thu, 23 Sept 2021 at 12:09, Chenxu Wang <irakatz51@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my FVP, I want to write a Trusted Application (TA) and want my Guest
> OS to call the application.

You can't do this. The guest OS inside a VM does not have
direct access to call a host system secure world application.
The host kernel keeps code running inside the VM safely contained
(which is the job of a hypervisor like KVM), so anything that in-the-VM
code wants to do it must do via KVM.

> PS: I Still do not know how to reply to the thread in the
> mailing list, maybe cc the mailing list is OK?

Yes, either to: or cc: works fine. Any mail client should have
some kind of "reply to all" button, which is what you want.

-- PMM