qemu-arm

Need support to add new LS1046ARDB NXP board in QEMU

From: Nikunj Patel
Subject: Need support to add new LS1046ARDB NXP board in QEMU
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 13:33:17 +0000

Hello Team,

I want to load a custom standalone binary(kernel image) on qemu for LS1046A Reference Design Board (https://www.nxp.com/design/qoriq-developer-resources/layerscape-ls1046a-reference-design-board:LS1046A-RDB).

There is no machine support of ls1046a-rdb board in qemu machine list (qemu-system-aarch64 -M help)
I am trying to add support of LS1046ARDB board support in qemu-7.0 version but it gives segmentation fault.

I have taken reference to add a new machine from below mentioned link and added new file in location hw/arm/ls1046a.c :

Please find the attached ls1046a.c file for the same. It is giving segmentation fault in init_cpus() at
line#153 (dev = qdev_new(privdev);)

I need help regarding how to add new board ls1046ARDB support in qemu?

Thanks,
Nikunj Patel