qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu workstation

From: Mike Nordell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu workstation
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:19:18 +0200

Browsing the archives I spotted something I wanted to comment on.

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> More like saying the Win32 version is probably vaporware (i.e.
> implementation not complete, with initial mock-up of running
> system for marketing purposes).

As I've talked to a person on IRC presenting itself as the author, the
information I got was that the thing at the .co.uk site is a Visual Basic
application that works by hijacking the SDL window from the QEMU process and
displaying it as if it was its own output.

Possibly that's where the 733MHz CPU and 500MB free harddisk space
requirments (http://www.revenitor.co.uk/qews.asp) might be from...

As for running ReactOS under QEMU (on Win32); yes, I have run it.

/Mike