qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo

From: Stefano Marinelli
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:53:33 +0200

Hello everybody. For a project (and, above all, for personal interest)
I'll be installing all the existing Operating System into Virtual
Machines. The target is to provide hd images ready-to-boot and to
customize (using the COW) to students and researchers. The project will
involve all the free systems (Linux, *BSD, Reactos, etc) as well as
the non-free ones (dos, windows (in several versions), etc.). So I'm
going to write reports of my results.
Most of the installations will be done on my iBook G4 (with Gentoo
Linux) and an x86 (faster with qemu). I'll also provide screenshots,
that could be useful to show the power of qemu to the world.
Hope to get good results with a lot of oses (and some gdb dumps for the
non-working ones).

Stefano Marinelli