qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: no virtual network emulation

From: Gabriel Ebner
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: no virtual network emulation
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:45:58 +0200

Hello,

Savio Ramos wrote:
>> > $ dd if=/dev/zero of=emu.img bs=1024 count=614400
>> >
>> > $ qemu -boot a -hda /home/savio/emu.img
>> >
>> > warning: could not open /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
>> > BIOS panic at rombios.c, line 1558
>>
>> your disk image if empty. So it's not bootable, and the BIOS can't find
>> a valid bootsector. So it stops...
>
> I want to install win98 in emu.img. So, the image on hard disk is empty
> and I used the parameter "-boot a".

Then you have to supply "-fda /dev/fd0" to qemu if you want to boot from
floppy (as you told qemu with "-boot a"), but since I don't think
Windows 98 comes on floppys (correct me if I'm wrong) you'll have to supply
"-boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom" to qemu in order to boot from cdrom.

But don't forget to insert the floppys/cdrom.

        Gabriel.

--
Gabriel Ebner - reverse "address@hidden"