qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB passthrough in qemu

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB passthrough in qemu
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:53:40 +0200

Hello,

I hit bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/685096 and found the
usb2.txt file in the source which is sadly not installed by the
distribution.

What I would like is an -usb2 option which instantiates both uhci/ohci
and ehci root hubs. I don't particularly care if the buses appear as
companion or separate.

I would also want the -usbdevice host option to attach devices by bus
compatibility to either uhci or ehci. The compatibility level is
already examined in the libusb code so the information should be
available.

Then bug 685096 should be resolved by simply specifying -usb2

Before I start butchering the options is there perhaps something like
this in progress/planned?

Thanks

Michal