qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] where can I find the latest memory hot plugging patch f

From: Kolk, G. van der
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] where can I find the latest memory hot plugging patch for Qemu?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:07:32 +0000

Hi Igor,

I’m trying the memory hot plug. But I have trouble getting it to work. This is what happens. I tried some tested guest OSes and some untested.

I tried three flavours of linux with automatic or manual memory hot plug support:
CentOS 6 cpu hotplug: works memory hotplug: Kernel sees memory, but ext4 filesystem crashes, says it’s mounted readonly, but cannot execute anything to try and read the logs.
latest Ubuntu and debian: same problem

Windows 2012: cpu hotplug: works memory hotplug: windows keeps running, but does not see the memory. nothing shows up in event viewer.

Used commands to add memory:
(qemu) object_add memory-ram,id=mem1,size=1G
object_add memory-ram,id=mem1,size=1G
(qemu) device_add dimm,id=dimm1,memdev=mem1
device_add dimm,id=dimm1,memdev=mem1

Am I doing something wrong? How can I make this work? If you need any logs. Let me know which one.

Regards,

Gerrit