qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Adding memory region without specifying address

From: Stalley, Sean
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Adding memory region without specifying address
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 00:29:52 +0000

Hello All,

I am working on building a hardware model for QEMU. This model needs a couple memory regions for MMIO.

The thing is, I don’t particularly care what the physical address of the memory region is (so long as it doesn’t overlap with any other memory region).

I was wondering if QEMU is able to ‘allocate’ a memory region for hardware (IE: I call into something saying I need a memory region X bytes long, and QEMU returns with a pointer to a memory region X bytes long).

Can QEMU do this? was looking at the various flavors of memory_region_add_subregion(), but they all seem to require a hardware offset…

Thanks,

Sean O. Stalley