qemu-devel

Re: device compatibility interface for live migration with assigned devi

From: Jason Wang
Subject: Re: device compatibility interface for live migration with assigned devices
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 12:24:50 +0800

On 2020/8/10 下午3:46, Yan Zhao wrote:
driver is it handled by?
It looks that the devlink is for network device specific, and in
devlink.h, it says
include/uapi/linux/devlink.h - Network physical device Netlink
interface,

Actually not, I think there used to have some discussion last year and the conclusion is to remove this comment.

It supports IB and probably vDPA in the future.

  I feel like it's not very appropriate for a GPU driver to use
this interface. Is that right?

I think not though most of the users are switch or ethernet devices. It doesn't prevent you from inventing new abstractions.

Note that devlink is based on netlink, netlink has been widely used by various subsystems other than networking.

Thanks

Thanks
Yan