qemu-devel

Call for Outreachy Mentors (December 2020 - March 2021)

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Call for Outreachy Mentors (December 2020 - March 2021)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 11:48:51 +0100

Dear QEMU & KVM community,
QEMU will apply to participate in the Outreachy December 2020 - March
2021 internship program this year. Outreachy
(https://www.outreachy.org/) offers full-time, paid, 12-week, remote
work internships for contributing to QEMU for anyone who faces
under-representation, systemic bias, or discrimination in the
technology industry of their country.

I am currently working on securing funding for this round of internships.
Let's aim for 2-3 project ideas and I will send out an update if this changes.

Please post your project ideas on the QEMU wiki before February 1st:
https://wiki.qemu.org/Outreachy_2020_DecemberMarch

Project ideas must be suitable for 12 weeks of full-time work by a
competent programmer who is not yet familiar with the codebase. In
addition, the project idea should be:
 * Well-defined - the scope is clear
 * Self-contained - there are few dependencies
 * Uncontroversial - acceptable to the community
 * Incremental - deliverables can be produced along the way

Feel free to post ideas even if you are unable to mentor the project.
It doesn't hurt to share the idea!

I will review project ideas and keep you up-to-date on QEMU's
acceptance into Outreachy.

For more background on QEMU internships, check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVCX7YMUL8

Stefan