qemu-devel

Avocado's upcoming LTS release

From: Cleber Rosa
Subject: Avocado's upcoming LTS release
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:09:13 -0400

Hi QEMU community,

I'd like to bring to your attention that the Avocado project has an
upcoming 82.0 LTS release scheduled for Sept 7th[1].

We're writing to projects that use Avocado so that they can start
testing with (what's going to be) the new release, and adapt their
usage or influence the final release bits.  But, because of the close
proximity between Avocado and QEMU, we've picked up the responsibility
of this work ourselves[2].

Of course, the more testing the marrier, so please get in touch if you
can:
 * run the existing tests you have, with the most recent Avocado
   version possible
 * open any issues[4] you encounter

This will feed into either bug fixes, or documentation on how to
migrate from (as early as) 69.x LTS to 82.0 LTS.

In addition to this this, feel free to engage with us about how the
new Avocado features (and there's a lot of them) may be beneficial to
the QEMU project.

Thanks!
- Cleber

--