qemu-devel

Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:01:09 +0000

I was just trying to see what updates the qemu.nsi file needed for
the merge-all-the-manuals-into-one-place change, and I discovered
that it's been broken since October when we removed the Changelog file:

File: "/tmp/qemu-test/src\Changelog" -> no files found.
Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
   /oname=outfile one_file_only)
Error in script "../src/qemu.nsi" on line 119 -- aborting creation process

You can reproduce that with:

make -C my-build-dir docker-image-fedora V=1 NETWORK=1
make -C my-build-dir docker-test-mingw@fedora J=8 NETWORK=1

This used to be in CI (patchew ran this config) but it clearly can't
be being CI'd any more, or we'd have noticed.

Stefan, I see you have more recent installer binaries on your
site than that -- do you have some local patches for this?

thanks
-- PMM