qemu-devel

RE: eMMC support

From: Sai Pavan Boddu
Subject: RE: eMMC support
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 16:52:45 +0000

Hi Joel

[Sai Pavan Boddu] I guess bits of PARTITION_CONFIG[PARTITION_ACCESS], would
tell SD which boot partition needs to be enabled.

> If there was a way to add metadata to the image (through qcow2?) then we
> could use this to define the boot partition sizes in the image, and have the
> model use these numbers to populate CSD_EXT. It's only an idea, and I don't
> know if qcow2 supports this kind of metadata.
[Sai Pavan Boddu] yeah nice. I don’t know if qemu-img has any option as such.
Anyway only few fields in CSD_EXT are useful for us, which should be ok to
implement as properties.

Regards,
Sai Pavan